From 6 untill the 9th of November 2019 the European Gas Technology Conference 2019 (EGATEC 2019) takes place in the city of Groningen. The biggest part of the programme is at the EnTranCe testing centre and the Energy Barn.
EGATEC 2019 intends to present and discuss technology-focused options covering the role of gas in the future European energy mix. This topic is high-profile in The Netherlands, where Slochteren gas will be phased out within 10 years. The venue is on top of the Slochteren Gasfield and close to innovative developments in the Dutch Gas Sector.
Subjects for the conference
- Natural gas in Groningen and The Netherlands
- The utilization of natural and renewable gases/ hybrid solutions
- The role of gas in mobility
- The impact of injecting renewable gases in the natural gas system
- Decarbonizing natural gas
Also a tour in the region along a number of interesting, innovative projects is foreseen.
Click here for a full programme.